Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Project Sucu

This is the start of my process of creating a character, in this picture I have the basic structure of the character without any specific details and a reference image.  When creating assets, whether they be for games or animation, it is usually a good idea to have some sort of reference image to help guide you as you create said asset.  For this project I am working on a female character so I have a reference image of a female in the background to help guide the basic shape of the character.  You can use reference images in many ways, you can use a basic one to get the basic structure of your asset down, or you can even used a more detailed reference that is what you want your character to come out looking like.  Either choice can work fine, it all depends on yourself and what work flow is most comfortable for you.  For this project I am using Zbrush to model out and sculpt my character, in this program I will sculpt out most of if not all the details I want, I should also be able to UV map my character so that I may apply textures to the model after it is done.  Especially if you are creating a character for a game, simply sculpting it out will not work because it will create way too many polys to be ran effectively within your game engine.  So after I am done and happy with my sculpt I will also be re-topping my the sculpt so as to lower the amount of polys being used on the character for the game.  Then after re-topping I will be exporting the finished model into Maya so as to rig and animate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment