Wednesday, March 4, 2015

GraveTree

This project is a continuation to my previous modular project of the crypt/graveyard area.  This particular modular piece is a tree that I will place in a few places of the graveyard map.    The tree will not have foliage on it, but instead be a dead tree, it will be textured.  While the other modular pieces I had created for the crypt are in 3DS Max, this particular part of the project I am creating in Maya.  The reason being is that I find Maya has a much better system when you want to create things that have a more organic feel and structure to them.  So for this reason, this particular piece I decided to go ahead and do in Maya, I have created the structure I wanted out of it and am currently unwrapping it for texturing so that I may finish that up and place it within a scene to run around with the Unity game engine.  The UV mapping is essentially taking the object and flattening it out to pain in programs such as Maya, the reason you want to UV it out is to make sure there is no stretching within the UV's or it will stretch and distort your texture that you apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment